Sunday, April 1, 2007

A Step Forward

My initial impression of this picture was that it is from another era. It wasn't just the black and white, but the way the male dancer was dressed and how many people in the audience were dressed. In present times, many of the people would be wearing ball gowns to these type of events or at least more fancy than what I see. The dancer's would also have more flashy attire. I think this because it looks like a dance competition. The one couple performs on the dance floor while the judges are off to the side critiquing them. I love to watch dancing shows and the competitions on PBS. This picture definitely looks older than the shows today. Another point is that this picture looks like a live action photograph. Both the man and woman dancing looks a little blurry in parts. The man's legs don't even look solid and the woman's arm are also blurred. Since it is not all that focused. The picture in general just makes me feel happy. The man is smiling and looking like he's having fun. Is that's the Twist he's doing? Even though I wasn't born in this era it makes me feel like remembering fun times I had as a child when I danced through the house to 50's and 60's music on the cassettes and turntable. This ballroom kind of dancing is coming back though, especially with all the shows on T.V.

No comments: